1:30 pm: Check-in and Prop Set-Up in the Contest Ring
2:15 pm: Pre-Judging Begins
2:30 pm: Presentations Start
3:15 pm: Awards
Entry Level: anyone that has not placed 1st or 2nd in any live Creative Contest.
Open Division: open to all competitors
- This is a Pre-Groomed contest.
- The Creative Styling Contest is an exhibition of colorfully staged, uniquely presented, and exquisitely groomed dogs and cats using props and music for the presentation.
- Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat can be used.
- Electrical will not be available in the contest ring. Electric will be available in the spa/bathing area.
- The spa will open starting Wednesday, March 9 at 5:00 pm and will be on a first-come, first-served basis. The spa will be reserved for exclusive use for all Creative Styling competitors on Saturday, March 12 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Competitors are permitted a designated 5’x5’ space for prop set up. Exhibits exceeding 5’x5’ will be disqualified.
- The contest ring will open on Saturday, March 12 at 1:30 pm for prop set-up. All entries in this class must be completely groomed and finished by 1:00 pm.
- All products used must be safe and non-toxic to the pet and stylist; Glue must be water-soluble.
- Placement of large and/or heavy objects on the pet is prohibited.
- A complete list of products used must be noted in the designated field when you register for the contest.
- Competitors must title their designs.
- If desired, music may be used during the presentation. Music used for presentation is the sole responsibility of the competitor.
- DVD presentations are not permitted.
- Maximum of 2 minutes is permitted for presentation
Winners will be determined by:
- Originality and creativity of the design and theme
- Quality of styling techniques
- Sharpness and precision of clipper lines
- Sharpness and/or blending of color
- Quality of scissor finish
- Quality and harmony of props and decorations in the final presentation
Open: 1st Place – $500 2nd Place – $300 3rd Place – 200
Entry: 1st Place – $300 2nd Place – $200 3rd Place – $100