Acceptable coat growth for all GT sanctioned classes:
It is the responsibility of the show promoter and /or their designated judges to determine adequate coat growth.
Acceptable Styling for all GT sanctioned classes:
- All styling must take place during the time frame of the competition except where noted below.
- All dogs must be groomed according to breed standard with the exception of Poodle as noted below.
- All dogs may have sanitary and pads shaved prior to class start.
- All dogs may have nails trimmed and ears cleaned prior to class start.
- Finishing sprays, are permissible in order to tidy up after competition time frame ends however, re-‐shaping with water or product application is prohibited.
- Chalk products are permissible prior to and during the competition time frame but are prohibited after time is called.
- Wire Coats must be hand stripped. Clippers are only permissible as presented in the conformation show ring.
- Sporting coats must be carded and/or hand stripped. Clippers are only permissible as presented in the conformation show ring.
- Other Purebreds must be styled as presented in the conformation show ring.
- Poodles can be styled as presented in the conformation show ring or pet trims, provided they respect the breed profile as set forth by the standard.
Acceptable breeds: All sizes, natural colors of purebred Poodles
11” and under – 1:30 (One hour & thirty minutes)
Over 11” up to and including 17” – 1:45 (one hour and forty-‐five minutes)
Over 17” up to and including 23” – 2:00 (Two hours)
Over 23” -‐ 2:15 (Two hours and fifteen minutes)
Poodle Styling: All pet and show poodle styles are acceptable provided they respect the breed profile of the poodle.
- Feet must be shaved
- Feet may be shaved prior to competition start time. NO extra time will be permitted if not completed prior to class start.
- Face must be shaved during competition time frame.
- Small mustache or goatee are permitted.
- Scissored face styles such as Bichon or scissored type faces are prohibited.
- Show topknots may be pre-banded, including hair extensions prior to the start of the class, spray up products are prohibited prior to the start of the class.
Division Level Prize Money:
Open: 1st Place – $300 2nd Place – $200 3rd Place – $100
Intermediate: 1st Place – $150 2nd Place – $100 3rd Place – $75
Entry: 1st Place – $100 2nd Place – $75 3rd Place – $50