- This is a Pre-Groomed contest.
- The Creative Contest is an exhibition of colorfully staged, uniquely presented and exquisitely groomed dogs and cats using props and music for the presentation.
- Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat can be used.
- Electrical outlets will be limited to one per entry.
- The spa will be available for grooming and color touch-ups at 11:00am, Sunday, March 15.
- Competitors are permitted a designated 5’x5’ space for prop set up once ring is open and must be set up prior to judging time. Exhibits exceeding 5’x5’ will be disqualified.
- All entries in this class must be completely groomed and finished before contest starts at 2:00 pm.
- The contest stage will open at 1:00pm for prop set-up and finishing detail work.
- All color applications and clipping must be completed prior to entering stage.
- All grooming, color, applications and accessories must be completed by contest start at 2:30pm.
- All products must be safe and non-toxic to the pet and stylist.
- Glue must be water-soluble.
- Placement of Large and/or heavy objects on the pet is prohibited.
- Complete list of products used must be noted in the designated field when you register for the contest.
- Competitors must title their designs.
- If desired, music may be used during the presentation. Music used for presentation is the sole responsibility of the competitor.
- DVD presentations are not permitted.
- Maximum of 2 minutes is permitted for presentation
Winners will be determined by:
- Originality and creativity of the design and theme
- Quality of styling techniques
- Sharpness and precision of clipper lines
- Sharpness and/or blending of color
- Quality of scissor finish
- Quality and harmony of props and decorations in the final presentation
Entry Level: anyone that has not placed 1st or 2nd in a Creative Contest.
Open Division: open to all competitors
Creative Styling Champion: Will be selected from the 1st Place winners from each division.
Creative Styling Prize Money
Championship: Prize $1,000
Open: 1st Place – $500.00 2nd Place – $300.00 3rd Place – 200.00
Entry: 1st Place – $200.00 2nd Place – $150.00 3rd Place – $100.00