The Abstract Design Challenge is intended to underscore the beauty of an “abstract design”, beautifully sculpted with minimal color accents and accessories. Judges are looking for stunning sculpting quality and artistry appropriate for a client’s pet. Design should be reproducible in one day in a salon setting. The pet’s coat is the blank canvas for the artistic design and should be groomed in advance with no trace of preset design or sculpted pattern.
- Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat with any coat type may be used.
- Design must be entirely created during the time frame of the competition.
- Competitors will have 1:30 Hrs. to sculpt design into a pre-groomed/prepared coat.
- Competitors should provide information to the MC, with biographical information and design explanation.
- Competitors with cats may have one assistant to help hold the cat during design sculpting.
- Entries are open to all levels of competitors.
- The judging emphasis is design placement, execution, precision, artistry and overall balance and appeal.
Dog Division: open to any breed or mixed breed of dog
Cat Division: open to any breed or mixed breed of cat
Abstract Design Challenge Prize Money
1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded in each division.
Dog Division: 1st Place – $300 2nd Place – $200 3rd Place – $100
Cat Division: 1st Place – $300 2nd Place – $200 3rd Place – $100