Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference GroomTeam USA Sanctioned
See below for 2016 rules and stay tuned for 2017 information!
GENERAL & SPECIAL CLASS – RULES and REGULATIONS
Registration deadline is 5:00 pm PST on February 25, 2016
1. All registration/entries will only be accepted online. Registration is not complete until payment is made in full. Registration for all contests closes at 5pm PST, February 25, 2016. If you have not paid in full by the deadline your contest registration WILL BE DROPPED.
2. Class Maximums may be met before registration closes, so send your entry and payment in early to avoid disappointment. If a class is full, you will be placed on a waitlist.
3. Cancellations for a full refund will NOT be accepted after March 3rd, 2016 as we will not be able to fill in empty spots in each class.
4. All Assistants and dog suppliers must be registered to attend Atlanta Pet Fair and Conference. If they are not registered they will not be allowed onto show floor.
5. Competitors will be provided with a free “Trade Show Package” with registration. Exception: this does not apply to “Smock it” contestants.
6. All winners must complete a W-9 form or International tax forms before payment will be made. United States and Canada winner’s checks will be mailed within 30 days of close of show. All checks must be cashed within 90 days of issue or they will be voided. All other winners will be paid on site at the contest table on Sunday March 13, after 10am. Anyone not turning in Tax papers before the end of Atlanta Pet Fair and Conference March 13, 2016 will forfeit their win money. For international winners WPA is required to withhold 30% of win.
7. Bring a towel for drying your dogs in the Spa area. Please clean up after you are finished bathing your dog.
8. Access to the Spa area will be on a signup sheets starting at 6:00pm on Wednesday March 9th, 2016. Each person can sign up for 6 sessions and then return to line for your next 6 slots.
9. Dogs should only be on Convention center property if they are being utilized for competition, in-booth demos, or by speakers for specific lectures. Dogs are to be kept in one of the holding areas, near the stage (available during show hours), or in the Dog Holding room (available 24 hours). No soft sided holding crates are allowed.
10. Competitors should only use non-toxic materials on their dogs.
11. Beverages must be in spill proof containers.
12. Dress in the ring should be professional. No flip flops or revealing attire for both men and women. See Dress Code listed below for further details.
13. Choose you’re grooming Smock color to show off your grooming work.
14. Show photographer will be taking before and after pictures of you and your dog. Plus win pictures on stage. You may have pictures in the studio taken any time after awards are completed. You may purchase these pictures from the photographer.
15. WPA requires the “Best in Show”, “Best All Around Stylist”, “Abstract Runway”, and “Creative” to have Studio pictures taken.
16. As a competitor, I hereby certify that I have read and understand the competition rules and regulations and agree to abide by them. I hereby acknowledge that the organizer of the competition has the sole right of use of any images, (photos or videos) data (names of the competitors) for the purposes of promoting future events.
• Competitors are encouraged to dress professionally. Excessively tight or revealing attire is strongly discouraged. A styling smock is required to be worn during competition.
• Shoes (preferably with non-skid soles) must be worn. “Flip flops” and other open-toed shoes are considered to be unsafe ring attire and will not be allowed.
• Consider the dog’s color when choosing the competitor’s attire. For example, black dogs do not show up well in photos if the competitor is wearing black or any other dark color.
• Best In Show awards ceremony dress code is “dressy/classy.” Grooming attire or jeans/T-shirts will not be allowed. This dress code also applies to competitors’ assistants.
• A show staff member will be appointed to present the entry of any competitor who is inappropriately dressed for the Best In Show awards ceremony.