From Runway Walk to Shop Talk
Friday, March 8, 5–7 p.m.
International Ballroom–Salon 4
Georgia International Convention Center
You’re invited to share drinks, hors d’oeuvres and great conversation with people who truly “get it”—your fellow pet-service professionals—at the Networking Reception on Friday, March 8.
Conveniently located near the show floor in Salon 4 at the Georgia International Convention Center, the event will kick off with the Runway Abstract Design Challenge, open to all competitors. Exciting for participants and spectators alike, this friendly competition will break the ice as you and your fellow guests begin to mix, mingle and connect with your community. But make no mistake, there’s real money at stake: Take first place and you’ll win $500. Second and third place finishers will also walk away with prize money. Interested in participating? Read on!
Runway Abstract Design Challenge
The objective of the contest is to underscore the beauty of a “simple abstract design,” strategically sculpted with minimal color and accessories. Judges will be looking for stunning quality and artistry that likes of which would be appropriate for a client’s dog. Designs must be able to be reproduced in the salon in one day.
- Entry is open to ALL competitors. Price of entry is $50.
- The contest will take place from 5-5:30pm. Contestants need to check-in at the Grooming Stage at 4:30pm.
- First place award is $500; second place, $300; third place, $150.
- Entries used for this class must be groomed prior to competition check-in.
- Any purebred or mixed-breed dog or cat may be used.
- Competitors must be ready for prejudging and the runway walk.
- Competitors’ attire should not detract from or overpower the groom; it can be complementary or an extension of the design.
- Before each presentation, the emcee will briefly interview the competitors for biographical information and an explanation of their design.
- Runway music will be provided by the show producer.
- If using an entry from a previous class, competitor must make a distinguishable difference in the design.
- For contest entry, visit the registration page.